THEORY EXAM ENTRIES DUE THIS FRIDAY SEPT 16th
MUSIC TECHNOLOGY EXPERT AT SCHOOL!
Next week on Wednesday and Thursday we are lucky to have Australian Music technology expert Katie Wardrobe from midnightmusic.com.au at school running workshops for teachers on music technology. If you know anyone who would love to attend, registrations are available at Eventbrite Wednesday 21 September
- 9.00-10.30: Sibelius Basics: Get Started the Right Way
- 11.00-12.30: Sibelius Speedy Arranging: Scanning MIDI files, Workflow and Other Tips
- 1.30-3.00: Digital Portfolios
- 4.00-5.30: Flipping the Music Classroom
Thursday 22 September
- 9.00-10.30: Notation on any device: Write Scores on your iPad, Chromebook, Mac or PC Laptop
- 11.00-12.30: iPad Projects for the Music Classroom Hands On
ITINERANT CONCERTS NEXT TERM
It’s great to see all the students learning music and making such great progress. A reminder that next term ALL itinerant students will have the chance to perform over the course of a series of small concerts. Watch this space for more info and in the meantime make sure you and your tutor have chosen a performance piece (either solo or small group) and get practicing!
THE CHRISTCHURCH BOY’S CHOIR
JAZZ WORKSHOPS OCT 22nd
Registrations are open for public jazz workshops as part of the CHCH Big Band Festival. The workshops will run on Sat 22nd October. Details at http://www.bigbandfest.org.nz/schedule/workshops/. There’s one for rhythm section, one for improvising and one for youth who want to play in a big band under the famous Rodger Fox.