Thanks for checking out the webpage for Chisnallwood Music Programme.
Please click here is you want to sign up to learn an instrument!
Instruments lessons include: flute, violin, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, cello, guitar, bass, drums, vocals, bagpipes and beatboxing.
All music groups are free, but sometimes there is a cost if the group needs to bus somewhere to perform, and some community concerts have a charge for audience members.
Groups uniforms (Choir, Jazz, Irish) tend to be a special T shirt which we lend and black tidy trousers which are the students responsibility. We will inform you in good time if this will be needed.
- Orchestra – all comers – Fridays 1:30-2:35pm
- Ukulele – all comers – Monday lunchtime (work towards Strum Strike and Blow Festival)
- Marimba – all comers – Fridays 8am-8.35 (work towards Strum Strike and Blow and Repercussion concerts)
- Choir – all comers – Monday 20pm-2.40pm (Voices Festival, ChCh Schools’ Music Festival and other concerts).
- Jazz – mainly invited – Thursdays 1.30-2.40pm ( Junior Jazz Jam, ChCh Big Band Festival and other concerts and tours).
- Jazz Combo Thursday 8am
- Rock – auditioned with sign ups outside the office. (RockQuest, Pasifika Beats, BandQuest). Rehearsals mainly after school.
- Theory Club – all comers – Fridays 2.45-4.00pm
- Irish – Tuesday 8am
- Sound tech – sign up outside the music office. The full training will take place in the April holidays
- Computer Music – all comers – Available lunchtime and interval. Also a Leisure Ed option in terms 2 and 3 for those who want a 12-week course of making computer music. Sign up for this in term one.
- String Ensemble or Chamber Group – Monday 8am
- Recorder group – Wednesdays 8am in term 2 for those who want to play descant, alto, tenor or bass recorder at Strum Strike and Blow Festival.
- Song writing club term 1 only
Music and school updates
On this site you can check out all the Chisnallwood Intermediate School music news, upcoming performances, music groups to join, sound tech, computer music, lesson timetables and more…
If you found this by mistake and was actually looking for the Chisnallwood School website, go to chisnallwood.school.nz for Chisnallwood Intermediate School information.
Otherwise, have a peruse around this website and if you have any questions, please mail me at email@example.com.
Here’s a wee video about how our brain benefits when we play an instrument….