Grab your calendar and check these music dates!
- Festival representative groups week 1
- Hanmer Jazz Band Camp 12th-14th Oct
Labour weekend Christchurch Big Band Festival (Thursday – Monday Oct 21-25) Jazz https://www.chchbigbandfest.com/plan-your-festival. Chisnallwood Jazz band will be performing an Early Childhood Show, Junior Jazz Jam, at Riverside Market and the Gardens.
Friday 29th Bandquest videos due
Choir at the Town Hall Music Festival Fri 4th Nov if level 1. Note: An update will be made and sent out about this on Oct 4th.
Production rehearsal Monday 15th and Tuesday 16th
PRODUCTION Nov 17, 18. Orchestra, choir, cast
- ITINERANT NIGHT 1 – Monday November 22 6-7pm Janet (Flute), Sue (Piano), Liz (Bagpipes), Liam (beatbox)
- ITINERANT NIGHT 2 – Tuesday November 23rd 6-7pmJulie (Violin), Philippa (Cello), Greg (Brass), Jody (Sax and Clarinet) + 3 Pieta’s sax students
Alpine View Village – Thurs Nov 25th (1:30-2:30pm) Jazz, chamber and Irish
Ethical Christmas Market – Sat November 27th (6-7pm) Jazz
- ITINERANT NIGHT 3 – Monday 29 November 6-7pmMarnie (Piano) 6.30, Leroy (guitar)
- ITINERANT NIGHT 4 -Wednesday 1 December 6-7pmJon (Drums), Amanda (vocal), Pieta (piano and keys)
Re-Percussion Sunday 5th December at 7pm (Marimba Group) at Cashmere High School
Prizegiving performances all week Orchestra, jazz, choir
New Brighton Parade – Sat Dec 11th 10:30-11:30am Jazz if level 1
Santa’s Mega Grotto – either Dec 11 (after the New Brighton Parade) Jazz
Note – there are no NZEI graduation or Honour roll performances this year.
By Judith Bell